When you snore incessantly throughout the night chances are your bed partner is feeling more of the effects than you can fathom. They are the ones who alert you to how your gasping and choking for air can undermine relationship progress. Oftentimes, your partner has to sleep in another room to escape the annoyance. If…
Advanced Sleep Apnea Solutions
Don’t underestimate the importance of sleep. When you’re well-rested, your energy is higher, your immune system is stronger, and your energy levels soar. And when you’re not well-rested, your entire body suffers.
Patients with sleep apnea wake up throughout the night. The condition usually entails loud snoring, breathing problems, and an inability to get enough rest to power them through the day. Over a prolonged period of time, these lost hours of sleep can leave you in danger of developing life-threatening conditions like heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes.
When it comes to getting treatment for sleep apnea, there is truly no reason to delay treatment. If you’re showing signs or symptoms of this breathing condition, don’t wait any longer to get your sleep apnea under control. Give our office a call today to schedule an appointment with the talented team at Integrative Family Dentistry. We look forward to helping you.
Dr. Ralph K. Mensah
Dr. Ralph Mensah, the President of Integrative Family Dentistry has been helping Mebane, NC patients combat their sleep apnea for many years. He fully understands that losing sleep entails losing your enjoyment, vitality, and lust for life. It’s their collective focus, therefore, to help you regain your ability to rest and find the path toward a happier and healthier you.
Our Mebane, NC sleep specialist, boasts the following education and memberships:
- Graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Bachelor’s and Doctor of Dental Surgery)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Qualified Dentist Designation, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- National Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Liaison to North Carolina Missions of Mercy, Old North State Dental Society
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina-School of Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry
Sign Up for a Sleep Apnea Test Today!
OPTISLEEP – Our Newest Device for Treating Sleep Apnea
As an alternative to traditional CPAP therapy, oral appliances provide a simpler form of treatment that helps patients enjoy a full night of sleep. With innovations in quality and comfort, the OPTISLEEP is an oral appliance that can put an end to your snoring. Check out some highlights of the OPTISLEEP, our most advanced oral appliance:
- It Works! – 90% of patients reported a reduction in snoring
- It’s Tough! – You can tell that the OPTISLEEP is comprised of durable material.
- It Fits! – The OPTISLEEP is completely customized for each patient.
How Does the OPTISLEEP Help You Stop Snoring?
Patients who experience blockage due to a large airway can be helped greatly by the OPTISLEEP device. The goal of the device is to keep your upper airway open, and it does this by pushing your jaw forward to relax the tissue at the back of the throat. This keeps the tongue relaxed and away from the airway, preventing blockage. If adjustments are needed, the OPTISLEEP includes exchangeable connectors which alter the size of the device.